Project promoter - Alba County Council
Is the local public administration authority, established at the level of Alba County in order to coordinate the work of the communal councils, towns and municipals, in order to achieve public services of County interest.
Located in the central region, Alba County is individualized by the density of monuments of national value. Through the activities of institutions of culture contained in the subordination of the Alba County Council, ensures access to culture, are valued elements of tangible and intangible cultural heritage, the purposes of protecting diversity and cultural identity.
Alba Iulia, Piața Ion I. C. Brătianu, nr. 1, cod 510118, jud. Alba
Tel: 004 0258 813380
National Museum of Unification, Alba Iulia
Albaiulian Museum was founded in 1888, under the auspices of the Society of history, archaeology and natural sciences of Alba County. After the Union of Transylvania with Romania, on December 1st, 1918, it was taken over by Astra Society, and in 1929 it was reorganized under the name Museum of the Union, in the north-eastern wing of the Coronation Cathedral complex. The operation in its current headquarters, consisting from the Palace of Babylon and former Home Army, is dating from 1968, with archaeology history, restoration workshops.
Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese of Alba Iulia
Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese of Alba Iulia is an ecclesiastical unit of the Romanian Orthodox Church, located in the municipality of Alba Iulia. Under Canon and administrative report, it is part of the Metropolitan Church of Transylvania. The roots of the Archdiocese of Alba Iulia descends into history by the year 1600, when Mihai Viteazul establish here the first Orthodox Metropolitan Church of Transylvania. In 1975 was reestablished Orthodox Diocese of Alba Iulia, and in 1998 he was raised to the rank of Archdiocese. The canonical jurisdiction of the Diocese of Alba Iulia, covers Alba and Mures counties, with a number of 706 parishes, 30 monasteries and 14 hermitages, organized into 10 districts of an archpriests.
Alba Iulia, str. Mihai Viteazul, nr. 16, 510010, jud. Alba
Tel.: 004 0258 811690, Fax: 004 0258 812797
University of Bergen/ University Museum
Museum of Bergen`s University was founded in 1825 and, since its inception, has collected objects from various fields, with the intention to contribute to the research of both natural history and cultural of Norway. In 1892 the Museum's purpose was redefined for the purposes of research and disseminate them to consider a broader audience. In 1914, the staff consisted from teachers, and in 1946 the University of Bergen was founded as a consequence of the existence of the Museum. Currently, the Museum is in charge of researching and protecting the collections, dissemination of research results and their transmission to the University level through a variety of disciplines: Botany, geology, art and culture, archaeology and anthropology. In addition, the fields of conservation and Museum reconstructions are active components of the Museum.
Muséplass 1, N-5007 Bergen, Norvegia
Tel.: +47 55 58 4965